Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Feeling Pretty Good

OK, now I've beaten Keith.


I haven't been following this blog very closely, but it seems like a lot of complaining goes on, mostly about politics and economics. I know I'll probably be roundly ridiculed, and no doubt lectured on my ignorance, but I have to say I am feeling pretty good about everything. In my insular little world, things are good. I do read the papers and I know what's going on in the world and with the economy, but I really don't feel any of it. I haven't curtailed my spending at all (of course, being a Christen, I have always been extremely frugal, to put it nicely). I read my monthly financial statements and yes, my assets are worth less than they were 6 months ago, but since I don't plan on selling, so what? I have every confidence that things will pick up, and until then, I'll just continue on my merry way. Am I deluding myself? Maybe, but I don't care. I've got enough to worry about with child care, house work. volunteering (I know, what a hard life!) . I don't need to stay up nights worrying about things that are out of my control. So, I don't.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everybody!

- Amanda

2 comments:

Richard Allen said...

Merry Christmas, humbug!!

Steve Allen said...

Life is a puzzle.
People are a puzzle.
For the most part the drama of other people is not my drama, but it is part of the puzzle.

Living is fun.
Solving puzzles is fun.

In the end I'd like to have made as much sense out of the puzzle as possible, and to have helped make a world which is less puzzling, more self-consistent. That's part of why I'm here.

Yeah, Merry Christmas.